Motion release is a mind and body practice which blends third wave cognitive psychology, humanistic therapy, mindfulness and dance therapy.
It is a holistic approach that sees physical and psychological movement as interlinked and aims to help you reconnect to your mind, body and soul with openness and curiosity.
What are the main objectives of the sessions?
- Express, release and process thoughts and emotions in playful and creative ways
- Learn grounding techniques to manage the symptoms of anxiety
- Improve your confidence in group settings
- Explore ways to energise your body and better manage symptoms of depression
- Develop a better relationship to your body
What to expect in your sessions
During a motion release group session, you’ll practice both verbal and movement exercises to help express and release emotions in the body. The sessions will also include music to inspire different types of dance/movement and to help you tap into your emotions.
The group setting offers a safe space – and sharing environment – to connect to your body while building on empathy, compassion and gratitude.