What is included in a sleep consultation?
Our consultant sleep disorders specialist and neurologist is Dr Oliver Bernath.
After a careful medical consultation and, if needed sleep and/or some blood tests, you may receive psychological, behavioural, and possibly pharmacological treatment to help you feel more refreshed, rested and sleep better.
We will start by offering you an initial in-person or virtual consultation, which would dive into the specific details of your sleep problems and define the goals for further assessment and treatment. It would include understanding your sleep-wake pattern and biorhythm, as well as exploring your overall well-being.
Based on your initial assessment and goals, some investigations may be required, such as blood tests and sleep tests. We offer the full range of sleep testing, including overnight polysomnography. Most sleep tests would be performed at your home, you would not be required to come to a sleep laboratory.
What does the treatment plan involve?
A personalised, tailored treatment plan would start with advice on good sleep hygiene and could include a range of psychological treatments, such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-i) or Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), as well as lifestyle modifications and bright light treatment. Medications may be recommended, which could include herbal and natural remedies, or prescription drugs.
Your treatment plan would be coordinated with your other clinicians, as may be required.
What are the fees for the sleep services?
The initial 50-minutes consultation would cost £450 with our consultant sleep disorders specialist and neurologist, Dr Oliver Bernath. Follow-up appointment would last for 30 minutes and get charged at £275. Dr Bernath offers in person, as well as virtual appointments. Any additional costs for tests and treatments would be discussed and planned with you individually. Please note we have a 72-hour cancellation policy for initial assessments.
Frequently asked questions
- You will start the week with a complete mind-body assessment. This includes both a psychological and postural assessment to get an understanding of how issues within the body might be impacting you on a psychological level, as well as the other way round
- Following the assessment, a bespoke plan will be created where you and your psychologist will agree on the goals you want to reach over the course of the retreat
- Depending on your needs, your bespoke plan will include any of the following one-on-one sessions: ACT or Schema Therapy, yoga, personal training, mindfulness, pilates and dance therapy
- Alongside your individual sessions, there will also be group interventions where you will get to harness the skills you’ve learnt and share experiences with others on the retreat
- There will also be plenty of opportunity to destress and unwind in the beautiful surroundings, and enjoy a relaxing treatment at the in-house spa
Our retreats take place in different luxury destinations throughout the year. Past locations have included Italy, Greece and the Cotswolds.
For more info and prices, please get in touch.
Many people find being in big groups anxiety-provoking and our team are very familiar with these types of difficulties. Our psychologists will always go out of their way to help you feel at ease, and if needed, they can also make a plan with you ahead of time about the different ways you can manage your social anxiety.