Intensive therapy retreats with Chelsea Wellness
Wellness is about looking at the whole person.
What does it mean to be healthy?
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), “Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”.
Being healthy isn’t just about making a commitment to go to the gym three times a week or eating a salad every now and then for lunch…
In order to be truly healthy, we need to look at the whole person.
Why is wellness important?
Our mental and emotional health is closely interlinked with our physical health, and vice versa. This means that when we fall out of balance in one of these areas, we impact each of the other levels of our being (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual).
In order to achieve optimal health, we need to get to the root of what’s causing a particular issue, whilst making sure we balance each of these different areas.
This means looking at the individual, and asking questions which dig beyond the surface level,
How are you sleeping?
What are your relationships like?
How often do you move your body?
What kinds of foods are you eating?
How much time do you make for doing the things you love?
Intensive therapy retreats for transformative change
At The Chelsea Psychology Clinic, our passion for wellness led us to develop an immersive and intensive retreat which combines each of these different components, in order to bring about lasting change in a short period of time.
Our retreats are the first of their kind to blend psychological intervention with mind body skills and techniques, creating a bespoke plan that is completely unique to the individual.
Combining interventions from both Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Schema Therapy, there will be daily touch points with your designated psychologist throughout the retreat.
Working closely together, you will work towards breaking unhelpful patterns, overhauling relationship difficulties and removing obstacles to change that might be more difficult to address in weekly sessions with a therapist.
What happens on the retreat?
- You will start the week with a complete mind body assessment. This includes both a psychological and postural assessment to get an understanding of how issues within the body might be impacting you on a psychological level, as well as the other way round.
- Following the assessment, a bespoke plan will be created where you and your psychologist will agree on the goals you want to reach over the course of the retreat.
- Depending on your needs, your bespoke plan will include any of the following one-on-one sessions: ACT or Schema Therapy, yoga, personal training, mindfulness, pilates and dance therapy.
- Alongside your individual sessions, there will also be group interventions where you will get to harness the skills you’ve learnt and share experiences with others on the retreat.
- There will also be plenty of opportunity to destress and unwind in the beautiful surroundings, and enjoy a relaxing treatment at the in-house spa.
Our retreats take place in different luxury destinations throughout the year. Past locations have included Italy, Greece and the Cotswolds.
For more info and prices, please get in touch