The ‘Living Mindfully’ 8-week course will provide you with an understanding of what mindfulness is whilst also helping you in integrate mindfulness practices into your day-to-day life and support your mental health and well-being.
Benefits of the course:
- Gaining a better understanding of the workings of our mind (recognizing how our minds often run-on autopilot, recognizing patterns and mental habits).
- Learning how to bring mindfulness to present-moment experience (through formal and informal practices and exercises).
- Cultivating skills in how to pay attention.
- Learning ways to respond skillfully when difficulties arise; recognizing early warning signs of when we might be feeling stressed, anxious and low in mood.
- Cultivating kindness and care towards oneself.
- Identifying what is truly meaningful in one’s life, and moving towards living life with a greater sense of purpose
Week 1 – Introduction to Mindfulness: ‘Wake up and stop living on autopilot’
Week 2 – ‘Reconnecting with the body’
Week 3 – ‘Bringing mindfulness to your day to day life’
Week 4 – ‘Relating differently to thoughts and worries’
Week 5 – ‘From reacting to responding skillfully’
Week 6 – ‘Practicing kindness’
Week 7 – ‘Rebalancing your daily life’
Week 8 – ‘How to weave mindfulness practices into your daily routine’
Practicalities of the course:
This is an 8-week course – delivered via Zoom. The mindfulness group will run every week for 90 minutes. It will be led by Dr Emanuela Grima, Clinical Psychologist and an Assistant Psychologist. The group will take place on Wednesday evenings at 6pm starting in October. Date to be confirmed.
There will be a maximum of 12 participants per group
Fees: The 8-week mindfulness course is £650
Cancellation policy – In order to secure your place on the group you will need to pay a 30% deposit. The remaining balance will need to be settled two weeks before the start of the course. In order to cancel and receive a full refund you will need to do so no later than 14 calendar days before the start date of the group.
If you are interested in attending the ‘Living Mindfully’ group, please contact us and you will be sent a form to assess your suitability for the course, in advance of booking a place on the group.