Our Educational Psychologists specialise in conducting comprehensive psychoeducational assessments for children and adolescents who may be experiencing difficulty in various domains. Your child may benefit from the services of an Educational Psychologist if you have concerns about their:
- Cognitive capacity
- Developmental delays
- Academic achievement or learning abilities
- Social, emotional and/or behavioural functioning
- Speech and language development
- Gross, fine or graphomotor skills
- Attention, Hyperactivity, and/or impulsivity
- Relationships with peers, family and/or authority
- Other areas of neurodevelopmental functioning.
A comprehensive evaluation begins with a clinical interview with parents to determine areas of concern and collect important developmental history of the child. This is followed by one-to-one testing sessions with your child, utilising an appropriate battery of psychometric tests. Additional information will also be gathered from parents and teachers via rating scales, school observations and telephone consultations where necessary. After all data is gathered and interpreted, findings are documented in a detailed report and parents attend a feedback session where the Educational Psychologist can explain the outcome of the assessment, including diagnostic impressions, and discuss recommendations for interventions to ensure promising prognosis for your child.
Meet our Educational Psychologist, Jodie Gomez.